Distribution centers and wholesalers
Pharmaceutical distribution centers and wholesalers use the EdgeTRAC software suite to quickly adapt their product picking, packing and shipping processes for serialization and compliance with DQSA and other country mandates. The software supports distribution of serialized products along with products not affected by serialization requirements.
We help distribution centers and wholesalers manage serial numbers, including receipt and put away of serial numbers from upstream trading partners and management of SSCC serial numbers commissioned during packing. Our solutions generate receiving, commissioning, aggregation, de-aggregation, decommissioning and destruction events. They support the generation of serialized ASNs and EPCIS transactions.
EdgeTRAC modules support ad hoc DC serialized container rework. They facilitate receipt of product returns from downstream customers, and processing of returns to upstream trading partners.
A typical EdgeTRAC software solution for a pharmaceutical distribution center or wholesaler includes:
- Receiving to verify received products, both serialized and non-serialized, with one unified process and solution.
- Returns to verify returned products, both serialized and non-serialized, and update your serialization event repository with the disposition.
- Rework, post-batch completion. Use this module to aggregate items into cases or totes, combine cases or totes into pallets, combine everything into shipments and update your serial number master or EPCIS system.
- SN inquiry to authenticate serialized container barcode information.
- Shipments to verify shipments against shipment order lines and update your WMS or ERP system and serial number management system.
- SN deactivation to decommission serial numbers due to damage, sampling or recall and update your serial number management system.
- Inventory to execute traditional inventory management functions such as inventory transfers and cycle counts, and automatically update your warehouse management or ERP system with the results.
- Print, apply, verify may also be used by manufacturers with manual packaging operations. Customers include low-volume manufacturers and also high-volume manufacturers using a manual process to quickly serialize a subset of their product line for export.