Manufacturers (branded pharma)
Pharma manufacturers use the EdgeTRAC software suite to quickly adapt their product shipping, packaging and returns processes for serialization and compliance with DQSA and other country mandates. The software supports manufacturers who need to manage serialized products simultaneously with products not affected by serialization requirements.
We help manufacturers manage serial numbers for their manufacturing and packaging processes. Our solutions enable serialized picking, packing (as required) and shipping to fulfill customer orders, and support the generation of serialized ASNs and EPCIS transactions with downstream partners.
A typical EdgeTRAC software solution for a branded pharmaceutical manufacturer includes:
- Rework, post-batch completion. Use this module to aggregate items into cases or totes, combine cases or totes into pallets, combine everything into shipments and update your serial number master or EPCIS system.
- SN inquiry to authenticate serialized container barcode information.
- Shipments to verify shipments against shipment order lines and update your WMS or ERP system and serial number management system.
- Returns to verify returned products, both serialized and non-serialized, and update your serialization event repository with the disposition.
- SN deactivation to decommission serial numbers due to damage, sampling or recall and update your serial number management system.
- Inventory to execute traditional inventory management functions such as inventory transfers and cycle counts, and automatically update your warehouse management or ERP system with the results.
- Print, apply, verify may also be used by manufacturers with manual packaging operations. Customers include low-volume manufacturers and also high-volume manufacturers using a manual process to quickly serialize a subset of their product line for export.